- Owner Jerry Millen shares how the medical cannabis dispensary in Walled Lake prepared for adult-use sales at the dawn of social distancing, and how the coronavirus has impacted his business plans.
- Millen began working with medical cannabis patients about 13 years ago, when he started attending compassion club meetings in Michigan.
- Before there were state licenses, there were local licenses, and I was granted a local license for two years before the state licenses became available, he says.
- Although Millen received a local license to open his medical cannabis dispensary in Walled Lake, he waited until receiving a state license to launch his business, which opened in February 2019.
- New York City enacted a pre-employment cannabis testing ban last year, but city officials are seeking to expand the list of exempted roles.
Read full article: cannabisbusinesstimes.com