- Shaleen Title, who serves as a commissioner on the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission, told Marijuana Moment that public safety must remain our top priority as Massachusetts confronts the coronavirus pandemic
- Just last week, he indicated the effort was still alive , though he also recognized that it may prove too complicated an issue to ultimately deliver through the budget this round.
- The New York legislature seems poised to eliminate a proposal to legalize marijuana through the budget this year, according to an unverified document outlining the policies included in the spending legislation currently under final negotiations ahead of a vote this week.
- The draft budget report, which was shared with Marijuana Moment, includes a line stating that the Adopted Budget omits the Executive proposal to legalize adult use cannabis.
- Last year, months of negotiation between his office and lawmakers failed to produce a passable bill with disagreements centering on issues such as how tax revenue would be allocated and so the effort carried over to this year.
Read full article: marijuanamoment.net