- Since the passing of the Farm Bill in December 2018, Management Science Associates has been tracking Google CBD search trends and has found the search level peaked around mid-year 2019 – and has shown a rather significant decline since that time.
- As consumers often search prior to purchasing, this suggests a possible very recent decline in CBD consumer purchase intent, and we believe the THC vaping crisis could be to blame.
- This has significantly affected sales of CBD vaping items, but seems to have also cast a negative sales effect across the entire CBD product line, as shown later in this column.
- Most recently, it appears that the THC vaping crisis, which started in mid-2019, has had a negative effect across the entire CBD line of products.
- By third quarter, 2019, the InfoMetrics data, which measures distributor shipments into convenience stores, was starting to show some weakness in the gummies, vape and tinctures product forms.
Read full article: cbdretailtrends.com