- Publicly Traded Companies Dominate the New York Medical Cannabis Market
- On September 11, 2014, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law the Compassionate Care Act .
- A patient would have to be certified by a practitioner to obtain medical marijuana and that practitioner would be a physician, trained by and registered with the Department of Health, licensed by the state, and qualified to treat the serious condition for which the patient is seeking treatment.
- Increasing the number of organizations registered to manufacture and dispense medical marijuana.
- Using NYS-specific data on marijuana use as reported in the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, the New York State Department of Health estimated 8.5 percent, or approximately 1.27 million residents, currently use marijuana in one form or another.
Read full article: newcannabisventures.com