- They include one of Standard Dose’s investors, LB Equity, which in February of 2019 raised a $50 million fund to invest in CBD beauty brands.
- Gotham Green Partners, another cannabis-friendly investor, backed Cannuka, maker of products infused with a mixture of CBD and manuka honey from New Zealand, and Lord Jones, the first CBD brand stocked at Sephora.
- CBD products are an increasingly common sight in mainstream department stores like Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, and beauty retailers Ulta and Sephora have gone
- CBD’s appeal to investors and retailers is obvious; cannabis, newly destigmatised, is hot right now
- There are some signs the trend may already have peaked: shares in companies that sell legal cannabis and related products plunged last year, and Google searches for CBD have tailed off from their peak in the middle of 2019.
Read full article: businessoffashion.com