- Although, in a separate vote Anvisa blocked a proposal to allow domestic medical marijuana cultivation while a judge authorized industrial hemp cultivation by a specific company.
- Anvisa, the Brazilian sanitary surveillance regulatory body, approved the guidelines that allow the sale of medicinal products derived from cannabis.
- Anvisa also set out specific rules for the manufacture, import, sale, packaging, marketing and regulation of the new class of cannabis-based products.
- Previously, patients needed to ask for goverment authorization to import cannabis-based medicine.
- Industrial Hemp Cultivation Authorized in Brazil hours after Anvisa’s decision against cannabis cultivation.
Read full article: forbes.com