- A new clinical trial at Montefiore Medical Center in New York will examine the effect of a cannabis compound called cannabidivarin, known as CBDV, on irritability and repetitive behaviors in children with autism spectrum disorder.
- In 2018, the FDA approved Epidiolex, the first ever cannabis-based oral medication for the treatment of two rare and severe seizure disorders.
- Turns out, the two disorders share many similar behavioral symptoms.
- GW’s CBDV is shipped from the UK to Dr. Eric Hollander, director of the Autism and Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum Program and Anxiety and Depression Program at Montefiore Hospital.
- Hollander focuses on treating the associated symptoms and believes CBDV could be a breakthrough in remedying behaviors typically associated with the disorder.
Read full article: fox8.com