- State and Federal Police are undergoing an intensive search to determine whether alleged killer Mert Ney had possible links to terrorism, saying a fatal stabbing attack in Sydney’s CBD was not yet considered terrorism related.
- NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller told media on Wednesday morning that an investigation into the motivation behind a stabbing rampage in Sydney could take weeks or even months and local authorities would be open to liaising with international agencies.
- Mert Ney is under police guard in hospital, and is expected to be charged with offences related to the stabbing death of a 24-year-old woman and the injury of a second woman in her 40’s.
- Mr Fuller described a USB allegedly found on Ney’s person, which the police claim was filled with footage of attacks in New Zealand and the United States as concerning.
- The NSW Police Commissioner described the suspect’s criminal history as ” unremarkable” , noting that he had been processed in the criminal system already.
Read full article: sbs.com.au