- Mert Ney, 21, was arrested after he was subdued by heroic bystanders about 2pm using chairs and milk crates in Wynyard Street, after he allegedly killed a woman, 21, believed to be a sex worker, and stabbed multiple people.
- Ney, 21, grew up in a weatherboard home (pictured) in Marayong, near Blacktown, the middle sibling of two siblings and the son of Turkish-Cypriot parents
- NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller confirms the two crimes are linked and reveals the alleged attacker – 21-year-old Mert Ney – has a history of mental health issues.
- PRIME MINISTER SCOTT MORRISON ON TWITTER: ‘The violent attack that took place in Sydney this afternoon is deeply concerning.
- She told Daily Mail Australia fire and rescue workers wielding an axe and a crowbar, and a few civilians, two brandishing chairs, had given chase before finally restraining him.
- A man wearing a grey hoodie covered in blood wielding a large knife could be seen yelling in the street as hundreds of people fled for their lives
Read full article: dailymail.co.uk